- More Articles
- International Women's Golf Day Experiences 68% Growth in One Year – Expands to 46 Countries
- Congressional Country Club Helping Veterans Through PGA HOPE
- The Club Foundation Exceeds $100,000 in Support of Tee It Up for the Troops
- Golf Digest: When Golf Goes to Washington
- National Golf Course Owners Association To Host 2017 Golf Business Techcon
- 659 Venues Spanning 43 Countries Around the Globe To Host Women’s Golf Day Events on June 6
- Five Questions: Jennifer Poth
- USGA Deepens Commitment to Growing Golf Through 2017 PLAY9 Program
- FedEx Extends Sponsorship of the FedExCup Competition
February 22, 2017
$26.7 Million Raised for Charitable Causes at Troon Facilities in 2016
Scottsdale, Ariz. (February 21, 2017) - Troon,® the leader in golf course management, development, and marketing, is pleased to announce that charitable events and tournaments at 69 Troon facilities collectively raised more than $26.7 million for charities in 2016.
Hundreds of charitable events were held at Troon facilities throughout 2016, including: The Warburton Celebrity Golf Tournament benefiting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital at the Classic Club in Palm Desert, Calif.; The Arians Family Foundation Golf Classic at the Westin Kierland Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.; and The Big Sticks Invitational at The Ridge in Castle Pines, Colo. just to name a few.
"It is both exciting and gratifying that so many charitable organizations were able to raise funds through events held at Troon facilities in 2016," said Mike Ryan, co-chief operating officer and executive vice president, Troon. "We are honored to partner with a number of incredible charities and help give back to the communities we live, work and play in."
Through facility sales efforts, Team Troon national sales efforts and Troon charity programs such as Troon Drives H.O.P.E., Troon facilities actively seek to host a large number of charity events each year.
The following Troon facilities played host to charitable events which collectively raised more than $1 million in 2016:
• Classic Club, Palm Desert, Calif. $5.04 million
• The Golf Club at Lansdowne, Lansdowne, Va. $2.5 million
• Whirlwind Golf Club at Wild Horse Pass, Chandler, Ariz. $1.94 million
• Maderas Golf Club, Poway, Calif. $1.46 million
• Troon North Golf Club, Scottsdale, Ariz. $1.24 million
• Westin Kierland Golf Club, Scottsdale, Ariz. $1.23 million
• Silverado Resort and Spa, Napa, Calif. $1.1 million
• The Ridge, Castle Pines, Colo. $1.1 million
• Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, Galloway Township, N.J $1.07 million
About Troon Drives H.O.P.E.
Troon Drives H.O.P.E. celebrates the way Troon's facilities and associates around the world are involved in charities, environmental initiatives and fundraising events. Each element of Troon Drives H.O.P.E., which includes Humanitarian Efforts Worldwide; Opportunities to Grow the Game; Partnerships in Our Communities; and Environmental Initiatives, serve to bring these actions to light and to share the collective impact Troon facilities and associates have on their communities.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world's largest golf management company, with more than 270 golf courses in its portfolio. Also specializing in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management and associated hospitality venues, the company oversees operations at Troon Golf, Honours Golf, Troon Privé (the private club operating division of Troon) and Troon International properties located in 36 states and 31 countries. Additionally, there are 57 Troon affiliated properties featuring 79 courses that have been recipients of a "Top 100" ranking by national and international publications. Troon properties include Princeville Makai Golf Club, Kauai, Hawaii; Centurion Club, London, England; The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa, Tucson, Ariz.; The Bay Club, Berlin, Md.; Prince's Golf Club, Sandwich, England; and CostaBaja Golf Club, in La Paz, Mexico. For additional news and information, visit Troon.com.