- More Articles
- National Golf Day 2019 Set for May 1 in Washington, D.C.
- Global Consensus For Golf in the Race to Tackle Physical Inactivity
- RSM Expands Birdies For Love for First Eight 2018-19 TOUR Regular Season Events
- World Golf Hall of Fame Introduces Peggy Kirk Bell, Retief Goosen, Billy Payne, Jan Stephenson and Dennis Walters as the Class of 2019
- Social Media Influencers Join #inviteHER Campaign
- NBC Sports' Ryder Cup Final Day Coverage From Paris Up 23% vs. 2014 From Scotland
- 2018 United States Ryder Cup Team Directs $2.85 Million to Community Outreach and Youth Golf Development Programs
- Too Many People Missing Out on Health Benefits of Golf, Says Expert Panel
- TOUR Championship Final Round Becomes Highest-Rated FedEx Cup Playoffs Telecast Ever
October 11, 2018
RSM Expands Birdies For Love for First Eight 2018-19 TOUR Regular Season Events
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. - Title Sponsor of The RSM Classic since 2010 - and the PGA TOUR recently announced an expansion of the RSM Birdies Fore Love charitable giving platform through an on-course competition over the first eight events of the 2018-19 PGA TOUR Season.
The top three players who accumulate the most birdies (or better), beginning with the Safeway Open in Napa, California and concluding with The RSM Classic in Sea Island, Georgia, will be awarded with $300,000, $150,000 and $50,000, respectively, for charitable donations to children- and/or family-focused charitable organizations of the players’ choice.
Winning players will be encouraged to designate the funds to charity organizations dedicated to building tomorrow’s middle market leaders through programs that support education, as well as organizations committed to improving the lives of youth through a focus on hunger, housing and health.
“At RSM, we understand the importance of giving back to the communities where our people live and work,” said Joe Adams, managing partner and CEO with RSM US LLP. “Stewardship has been one of RSM’s core values since our firm was founded in 1926, and The RSM Classic has been such an amazing way to continue our tradition of giving. We are thrilled to amplify our support of the community through RSM Birdies Fore Love.”
“This is a significant increase in the Birdies Fore Love program, and the impact being made by RSM and The RSM Classic,” said The RSM Classic tournament host Davis Love III. “RSM continues to raise the bar in its support of the communities in which it does business, including the Golden Isles where we host The RSM Classic.”
“RSM has been an outstanding partner as the Title Sponsor of the RSM Classic since 2010,” said Brian Oliver, Executive Vice President Corporate Partnerships at the PGA TOUR. “Birdies Fore Love has been a hallmark of RSM’s tournament activation and relationship with the Davis Love Foundation over the years, engaging employees nationwide and generating needed charitable funds. We applaud RSM’s commitment to expand this initiative and know it will positively impact many lives.”
In case of ties, the player with the most birdies or better in a single tournament will win.
Since the inception of The RSM Classic in 2010, RSM and the Davis Love Foundation have donated more than $9 million to charities that support education and organizations that support children and families in the areas of hunger, housing and health. More than 200 organizations across the U.S. have benefited from these donations, including the Boys and Girls Clubs, Special Olympics, Blessings in a Backpack and Folds of Honor, just to name a few.