- More Articles
- TOUR Championship Final Round Becomes Highest-Rated FedEx Cup Playoffs Telecast Ever
- PGA of America partners with Congressional Country Club to host Championships
- 104 Years Later, Buhl Park Golf Club Still Offers Free Play
- PGA of America Golf Relief and Assistance Fund Available to Aid Hurricane Florence Victims Industrywide
- Five Questions with Ben Sharpe, President of Toptracer
- PGA Reach Extends Partnership with Grayhawk Golf Club to Host PGA Jr. League Championship Presented By National Car Rental Through 2022
- U.S. Golf Industry Unites to Launch #inviteHER Campaign
- Seth Waugh Named PGA of America CEO
- Five Questions with Jesse Menachem, Executive Director/CEO at Massachusetts Golf Association
September 13, 2018
PGA of America Golf Relief and Assistance Fund Available to Aid Hurricane Florence Victims Industrywide
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. – To provide relief for golf industry personnel, the Golf Relief and Assistance Fund is available for current and future qualified natural disasters, including Hurricane Florence.
The Golf Relief and Assistance Fund was created last year, so the PGA of America and other industry participants can support PGA Members and other golf industry personnel in qualified disaster situations. The PGA launched this fund with an initial contribution of $250,000. The fund is administered by the largest community foundation in the world, Silicon Valley Community Foundation, of Mountain View, California.
“We view the Golf Relief and Assistance Fund as a model of how the PGA Member can help show the positive role the PGA plays in the golf industry,” said PGA President Paul Levy. “As Hurricane Florence makes its impact, we look to our Members to help spread the word about the availability of this fund to their fellow PGA Members and to others in golf industry communities who may be in need.”
Since last November, the Golf Relief and Assistance Fund has helped a number of industry members already affected by qualified natural disasters.
About Silicon Valley Community Foundation
Silicon Valley Community Foundation advances innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems. As the largest community foundation in the world, we engage donors and corporations from Silicon Valley, across the country and around the globe to make our region and world better for all. Our passion for helping people and organizations achieve their philanthropic dreams has created a global philanthropic enterprise committed to the belief that possibilities start here. Learn more at siliconvalleycf.org.