- More Articles
- Registration Now Open For Drive, Chip And Putt Qualifiers
- Five Questions with Jon Podany, CEO of Arnold Palmer Enterprises
- Major Golf Industry Companies to Join #inviteHER Initiative
- Golf Means $2.3 Billion to Minnesota's Economy
- Five Questions with Cathy Harbin, Get Golf Ready
- The World of Golf Came Together to Drive Business Forward at the 66th Merchandise Show
- PGA Jr. League Aims To Attract More Families To The Game After Record-Setting Year
- Programs for PGA Forum Stage Announced for the 66th PGA Merchandise Show
- PGA of America Promotes Sandy Cross to Chief People Officer and Arjun Chowdri to Chief Innovation Officer
September 13, 2018
PGA of America Golf Relief and Assistance Fund Available to Aid Hurricane Florence Victims Industrywide
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. – To provide relief for golf industry personnel, the Golf Relief and Assistance Fund is available for current and future qualified natural disasters, including Hurricane Florence.
The Golf Relief and Assistance Fund was created last year, so the PGA of America and other industry participants can support PGA Members and other golf industry personnel in qualified disaster situations. The PGA launched this fund with an initial contribution of $250,000. The fund is administered by the largest community foundation in the world, Silicon Valley Community Foundation, of Mountain View, California.
“We view the Golf Relief and Assistance Fund as a model of how the PGA Member can help show the positive role the PGA plays in the golf industry,” said PGA President Paul Levy. “As Hurricane Florence makes its impact, we look to our Members to help spread the word about the availability of this fund to their fellow PGA Members and to others in golf industry communities who may be in need.”
Since last November, the Golf Relief and Assistance Fund has helped a number of industry members already affected by qualified natural disasters.
About Silicon Valley Community Foundation
Silicon Valley Community Foundation advances innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems. As the largest community foundation in the world, we engage donors and corporations from Silicon Valley, across the country and around the globe to make our region and world better for all. Our passion for helping people and organizations achieve their philanthropic dreams has created a global philanthropic enterprise committed to the belief that possibilities start here. Learn more at siliconvalleycf.org.