- More Articles
- Golf Relief and Assistance Fund Available to Aid Victims of California Wildfires
- Suzy Whaley Elected 41st President of the PGA of America
- Five Questions with Ashleigh McLaughlin, Senior Manager of Digital Marketing and Brand Strategy for the LPGA Women's Network
- National Golf Day 2019 Set for May 1 in Washington, D.C.
- Global Consensus For Golf in the Race to Tackle Physical Inactivity
- RSM Expands Birdies For Love for First Eight 2018-19 TOUR Regular Season Events
- World Golf Hall of Fame Introduces Peggy Kirk Bell, Retief Goosen, Billy Payne, Jan Stephenson and Dennis Walters as the Class of 2019
- Social Media Influencers Join #inviteHER Campaign
- NBC Sports' Ryder Cup Final Day Coverage From Paris Up 23% vs. 2014 From Scotland
September 13, 2018
PGA of America Golf Relief and Assistance Fund Available to Aid Hurricane Florence Victims Industrywide
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. – To provide relief for golf industry personnel, the Golf Relief and Assistance Fund is available for current and future qualified natural disasters, including Hurricane Florence.
The Golf Relief and Assistance Fund was created last year, so the PGA of America and other industry participants can support PGA Members and other golf industry personnel in qualified disaster situations. The PGA launched this fund with an initial contribution of $250,000. The fund is administered by the largest community foundation in the world, Silicon Valley Community Foundation, of Mountain View, California.
“We view the Golf Relief and Assistance Fund as a model of how the PGA Member can help show the positive role the PGA plays in the golf industry,” said PGA President Paul Levy. “As Hurricane Florence makes its impact, we look to our Members to help spread the word about the availability of this fund to their fellow PGA Members and to others in golf industry communities who may be in need.”
Since last November, the Golf Relief and Assistance Fund has helped a number of industry members already affected by qualified natural disasters.
About Silicon Valley Community Foundation
Silicon Valley Community Foundation advances innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems. As the largest community foundation in the world, we engage donors and corporations from Silicon Valley, across the country and around the globe to make our region and world better for all. Our passion for helping people and organizations achieve their philanthropic dreams has created a global philanthropic enterprise committed to the belief that possibilities start here. Learn more at siliconvalleycf.org.