- More Articles
- WE ARE GOLF Celebrates 11th Annual National Golf Day in Washington, D.C.
- WE ARE GOLF Reports 22% Increase in U.S. Golf Economic Impact Ahead of National Golf Day
- WE ARE GOLF Partners with Topgolf for Complimentary Lessons on National Golf Day
- Chairman Fred Ridley Announces Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship
- Steve Mona Comments on Tiger Woods Ahead of Masters
- DCP: Chea, Schuster Highlight 2018 National Champions
- WE ARE GOLF to Announce U.S. Golf Economy Report Findings on April 24 at the National Press Club
- Five Questions with Bill Walker, Executive Director of the IAGA
- 2nd Annual Community Service Project Set for April 24 Ahead of National Golf Day
March 12, 2018
Golf Digest: Tiger Woods helped NBC grab the biggest non-Masters TV audience since 2015
There might be a few misguided souls that question the relevance and attraction of Tiger Woods in 2018. But they sure aren't advertisers.
On Monday NBC Sports released its audience numbers from the Valspar Championship, where the 42-year-old Woods came this close to winning for the first time in five years. And according to the Peacock, viewers flocked to the broadcast in record numbers. The Golf Channel PR department reports that the final round at the Copperhead course drew a 5.11 overnight rating. A figure that is the highest non-major audience since the 2013 Players Championship (won by, you guessed it, Tiger Woods), and the highest non-Masters rating since the 2015 PGA Championship.
Full Story on Golf Digest.