- More Articles
- TOUR Championship Final Round Becomes Highest-Rated FedEx Cup Playoffs Telecast Ever
- PGA of America partners with Congressional Country Club to host Championships
- 104 Years Later, Buhl Park Golf Club Still Offers Free Play
- PGA of America Golf Relief and Assistance Fund Available to Aid Hurricane Florence Victims Industrywide
- Five Questions with Ben Sharpe, President of Toptracer
- PGA Reach Extends Partnership with Grayhawk Golf Club to Host PGA Jr. League Championship Presented By National Car Rental Through 2022
- U.S. Golf Industry Unites to Launch #inviteHER Campaign
- Seth Waugh Named PGA of America CEO
- Five Questions with Jesse Menachem, Executive Director/CEO at Massachusetts Golf Association
March 12, 2018
Golf Digest: Tiger Woods helped NBC grab the biggest non-Masters TV audience since 2015
There might be a few misguided souls that question the relevance and attraction of Tiger Woods in 2018. But they sure aren't advertisers.
On Monday NBC Sports released its audience numbers from the Valspar Championship, where the 42-year-old Woods came this close to winning for the first time in five years. And according to the Peacock, viewers flocked to the broadcast in record numbers. The Golf Channel PR department reports that the final round at the Copperhead course drew a 5.11 overnight rating. A figure that is the highest non-major audience since the 2013 Players Championship (won by, you guessed it, Tiger Woods), and the highest non-Masters rating since the 2015 PGA Championship.
Full Story on Golf Digest.