- More Articles
- Registration Now Open For Drive, Chip And Putt Qualifiers
- Five Questions with Jon Podany, CEO of Arnold Palmer Enterprises
- Major Golf Industry Companies to Join #inviteHER Initiative
- Golf Means $2.3 Billion to Minnesota's Economy
- Five Questions with Cathy Harbin, Get Golf Ready
- The World of Golf Came Together to Drive Business Forward at the 66th Merchandise Show
- PGA Jr. League Aims To Attract More Families To The Game After Record-Setting Year
- Programs for PGA Forum Stage Announced for the 66th PGA Merchandise Show
- PGA of America Promotes Sandy Cross to Chief People Officer and Arjun Chowdri to Chief Innovation Officer
March 12, 2018
Golf Digest: Tiger Woods helped NBC grab the biggest non-Masters TV audience since 2015
There might be a few misguided souls that question the relevance and attraction of Tiger Woods in 2018. But they sure aren't advertisers.
On Monday NBC Sports released its audience numbers from the Valspar Championship, where the 42-year-old Woods came this close to winning for the first time in five years. And according to the Peacock, viewers flocked to the broadcast in record numbers. The Golf Channel PR department reports that the final round at the Copperhead course drew a 5.11 overnight rating. A figure that is the highest non-major audience since the 2013 Players Championship (won by, you guessed it, Tiger Woods), and the highest non-Masters rating since the 2015 PGA Championship.
Full Story on Golf Digest.