- More Articles
- 2019 to Bring Record-Breaking Excitement, Innovation to the LPGA Tour
- PGA of America Relocating Headquarters to Frisco as Part of Innovative Public-Private Partnership
- Joe Passov to Receive ASGCA Donald Ross Award
- PGA REACH, Grayhawk Golf Club and National Car Rental Partner with Golf Channel to Air Primetime Special Highlighting the 2018 PGA Jr. League on Dec. 4
- PHIT Act at the Goal Line
- World Golf Foundation Convenes Historic Minority Supplier Diversity Conference at World Golf Village
- Greg McLaughlin Named World Golf Foundation CEO & President of The First Tee
- Take Part in #GivingTuesday
- Team California Claims 2018 PGA Jr. League Championship presented by National Car Rental
March 12, 2018
Golf Digest: Tiger Woods helped NBC grab the biggest non-Masters TV audience since 2015
There might be a few misguided souls that question the relevance and attraction of Tiger Woods in 2018. But they sure aren't advertisers.
On Monday NBC Sports released its audience numbers from the Valspar Championship, where the 42-year-old Woods came this close to winning for the first time in five years. And according to the Peacock, viewers flocked to the broadcast in record numbers. The Golf Channel PR department reports that the final round at the Copperhead course drew a 5.11 overnight rating. A figure that is the highest non-major audience since the 2013 Players Championship (won by, you guessed it, Tiger Woods), and the highest non-Masters rating since the 2015 PGA Championship.
Full Story on Golf Digest.