- More Articles
- PHIT Leaps Forward on Congressional Agenda
- The R&A Unveil New Women in Golf Charter
- PGA of America Partners with Radius Sports Group to Elevate Supplier Inclusion Program
- Top 10 Facts About Golf
- Women & Girls Golf Is Showcased Around the World
- USGA, Topgolf and FOX Sports to Host Nationwide U.S. Open Watch Party on June 14
- Be A Part Of Women's Golf Day
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce Partnership with WE ARE GOLF
- LPGA and 18Birdies Announce Joint Initiative to Promote Women's Golf
March 12, 2018
Golf Digest: Tiger Woods helped NBC grab the biggest non-Masters TV audience since 2015
There might be a few misguided souls that question the relevance and attraction of Tiger Woods in 2018. But they sure aren't advertisers.
On Monday NBC Sports released its audience numbers from the Valspar Championship, where the 42-year-old Woods came this close to winning for the first time in five years. And according to the Peacock, viewers flocked to the broadcast in record numbers. The Golf Channel PR department reports that the final round at the Copperhead course drew a 5.11 overnight rating. A figure that is the highest non-major audience since the 2013 Players Championship (won by, you guessed it, Tiger Woods), and the highest non-Masters rating since the 2015 PGA Championship.
Full Story on Golf Digest.