- More Articles
- Programs for PGA Forum Stage Announced for the 66th PGA Merchandise Show
- PGA of America Promotes Sandy Cross to Chief People Officer and Arjun Chowdri to Chief Innovation Officer
- 2018 PGA TOUR Tournaments Generate $190 Million in Charitable Impact
- Five Questions with George Cooper, Forbes Tate Partners
- 2019 to Bring Record-Breaking Excitement, Innovation to the LPGA Tour
- PGA of America Relocating Headquarters to Frisco as Part of Innovative Public-Private Partnership
- Joe Passov to Receive ASGCA Donald Ross Award
- PGA REACH, Grayhawk Golf Club and National Car Rental Partner with Golf Channel to Air Primetime Special Highlighting the 2018 PGA Jr. League on Dec. 4
- PHIT Act at the Goal Line
March 04, 2018
2018 Youth On Course Summit Recap
The second annual Youth on Course Summit took place just down the street from YOC National Headquarters in Monterey, CA on Sunday, March 4, 2018. 21 current and perspective Youth on Course Allied Golf Association partners gathered at the three-day conference to network and share their successes and hopeful improvements with one another as well as gather information, updates, and best practices from YOC headquarters.
A visit from entrepreneur, author, and humanitarian activist and the YOC Summit keynote speaker, Dan Pallotta, who gave a compelling talk about his book: Uncharitable How Restraints on Nonprofits Undermine Their Potential, provided a new outlook and motivation that set the tone for the next two days.
Breakout sessions covering the major aspects of operating successful Youth on Course programs in each region was covered. YOC Executive Director, Adam Heieck, lead a presentation on the overview of YOC in 2017 and an exciting look into 2018. Utah Golf Foundation was awarded the inaugural William E. Hammonds Award for Excellence, and their first and only award as a new foundation, because of their overall hard work and outstanding program achievements in 2017.
It was a fun and informative few days with everyone and we’re already looking forward to next year! Thank you to all the Associations who attended.