- More Articles
- National Golf Day 2019 Set for May 1 in Washington, D.C.
- Global Consensus For Golf in the Race to Tackle Physical Inactivity
- RSM Expands Birdies For Love for First Eight 2018-19 TOUR Regular Season Events
- World Golf Hall of Fame Introduces Peggy Kirk Bell, Retief Goosen, Billy Payne, Jan Stephenson and Dennis Walters as the Class of 2019
- Social Media Influencers Join #inviteHER Campaign
- NBC Sports' Ryder Cup Final Day Coverage From Paris Up 23% vs. 2014 From Scotland
- 2018 United States Ryder Cup Team Directs $2.85 Million to Community Outreach and Youth Golf Development Programs
- Too Many People Missing Out on Health Benefits of Golf, Says Expert Panel
- TOUR Championship Final Round Becomes Highest-Rated FedEx Cup Playoffs Telecast Ever
March 04, 2018
2018 Youth On Course Summit Recap
The second annual Youth on Course Summit took place just down the street from YOC National Headquarters in Monterey, CA on Sunday, March 4, 2018. 21 current and perspective Youth on Course Allied Golf Association partners gathered at the three-day conference to network and share their successes and hopeful improvements with one another as well as gather information, updates, and best practices from YOC headquarters.
A visit from entrepreneur, author, and humanitarian activist and the YOC Summit keynote speaker, Dan Pallotta, who gave a compelling talk about his book: Uncharitable How Restraints on Nonprofits Undermine Their Potential, provided a new outlook and motivation that set the tone for the next two days.
Breakout sessions covering the major aspects of operating successful Youth on Course programs in each region was covered. YOC Executive Director, Adam Heieck, lead a presentation on the overview of YOC in 2017 and an exciting look into 2018. Utah Golf Foundation was awarded the inaugural William E. Hammonds Award for Excellence, and their first and only award as a new foundation, because of their overall hard work and outstanding program achievements in 2017.
It was a fun and informative few days with everyone and we’re already looking forward to next year! Thank you to all the Associations who attended.