- More Articles
- 2nd Annual Community Service Project Set for April 24 Ahead of National Golf Day
- Golf Digest: Tiger Woods helped NBC grab the biggest non-Masters TV audience since 2015
- NGF: National Golf Day Set for April 25
- SGB Online: Acushnet Q4 Revenues Climb 6.6 Percent
- 2018 Youth On Course Summit Recap
- 'Florida Golf Day' Brings Industry, Political Leaders Together at State Capitol
- Faces of Golf: Chris Campbell, Lake of Isles
- Seven Questions with a Golf Pioneer in Colorado
- PGA TOUR Superstore Experiential Golf Retail Expands Presence in Orlando
March 04, 2018
2018 Youth On Course Summit Recap
The second annual Youth on Course Summit took place just down the street from YOC National Headquarters in Monterey, CA on Sunday, March 4, 2018. 21 current and perspective Youth on Course Allied Golf Association partners gathered at the three-day conference to network and share their successes and hopeful improvements with one another as well as gather information, updates, and best practices from YOC headquarters.
A visit from entrepreneur, author, and humanitarian activist and the YOC Summit keynote speaker, Dan Pallotta, who gave a compelling talk about his book: Uncharitable How Restraints on Nonprofits Undermine Their Potential, provided a new outlook and motivation that set the tone for the next two days.
Breakout sessions covering the major aspects of operating successful Youth on Course programs in each region was covered. YOC Executive Director, Adam Heieck, lead a presentation on the overview of YOC in 2017 and an exciting look into 2018. Utah Golf Foundation was awarded the inaugural William E. Hammonds Award for Excellence, and their first and only award as a new foundation, because of their overall hard work and outstanding program achievements in 2017.
It was a fun and informative few days with everyone and we’re already looking forward to next year! Thank you to all the Associations who attended.