- More Articles
- Five Questions with Jesse Menachem, Executive Director/CEO at Massachusetts Golf Association
- Golf Course Superintendents Association of America Assumes Leadership Role for First Green Operations and Management
- USGA and Topgolf’s World Golf Tour Game Launch Inaugural Virtual U.S. Amateur Esports Competition
- NBC Sports Posts Most-Watched Final Round at The Open in 18 Years
- The PGA of America and Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis Partner to Advance Diversity through the 100th PGA Championship
- PHIT Leaps Forward on Congressional Agenda
- The R&A Unveil New Women in Golf Charter
- PGA of America Partners with Radius Sports Group to Elevate Supplier Inclusion Program
- Top 10 Facts About Golf
March 04, 2018
2018 Youth On Course Summit Recap
The second annual Youth on Course Summit took place just down the street from YOC National Headquarters in Monterey, CA on Sunday, March 4, 2018. 21 current and perspective Youth on Course Allied Golf Association partners gathered at the three-day conference to network and share their successes and hopeful improvements with one another as well as gather information, updates, and best practices from YOC headquarters.
A visit from entrepreneur, author, and humanitarian activist and the YOC Summit keynote speaker, Dan Pallotta, who gave a compelling talk about his book: Uncharitable How Restraints on Nonprofits Undermine Their Potential, provided a new outlook and motivation that set the tone for the next two days.
Breakout sessions covering the major aspects of operating successful Youth on Course programs in each region was covered. YOC Executive Director, Adam Heieck, lead a presentation on the overview of YOC in 2017 and an exciting look into 2018. Utah Golf Foundation was awarded the inaugural William E. Hammonds Award for Excellence, and their first and only award as a new foundation, because of their overall hard work and outstanding program achievements in 2017.
It was a fun and informative few days with everyone and we’re already looking forward to next year! Thank you to all the Associations who attended.