- More Articles
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce Partnership with WE ARE GOLF
- LPGA and 18Birdies Announce Joint Initiative to Promote Women's Golf
- The National Golf Foundation Issues 2018 Golf Industry Report
- USGA Increases Commitment to Growing the Game Through PLAY9 Program
- WE ARE GOLF Celebrates 11th Annual National Golf Day in Washington, D.C.
- WE ARE GOLF Reports 22% Increase in U.S. Golf Economic Impact Ahead of National Golf Day
- WE ARE GOLF Partners with Topgolf for Complimentary Lessons on National Golf Day
- Chairman Fred Ridley Announces Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship
- Steve Mona Comments on Tiger Woods Ahead of Masters
March 04, 2018
2018 Youth On Course Summit Recap
The second annual Youth on Course Summit took place just down the street from YOC National Headquarters in Monterey, CA on Sunday, March 4, 2018. 21 current and perspective Youth on Course Allied Golf Association partners gathered at the three-day conference to network and share their successes and hopeful improvements with one another as well as gather information, updates, and best practices from YOC headquarters.
A visit from entrepreneur, author, and humanitarian activist and the YOC Summit keynote speaker, Dan Pallotta, who gave a compelling talk about his book: Uncharitable How Restraints on Nonprofits Undermine Their Potential, provided a new outlook and motivation that set the tone for the next two days.
Breakout sessions covering the major aspects of operating successful Youth on Course programs in each region was covered. YOC Executive Director, Adam Heieck, lead a presentation on the overview of YOC in 2017 and an exciting look into 2018. Utah Golf Foundation was awarded the inaugural William E. Hammonds Award for Excellence, and their first and only award as a new foundation, because of their overall hard work and outstanding program achievements in 2017.
It was a fun and informative few days with everyone and we’re already looking forward to next year! Thank you to all the Associations who attended.