- More Articles
- President George Herbert Walker Bush to receive ASGCA Donald Ross Award
- PGA Golf Clinics for Women to Debut in 2018
- Five Questions with Troy Warfield, President of Topgolf International
- PGA TOUR Commissioner Jay Monahan Named World Golf Foundation Chairman for 2018
- 2017 Patriot Golf Day: Folds of Honor Lands Record Year, Raises $7 Million for Families of Veterans
- Carry the Game Promotes Youth Caddying, Helps Develop Young Golfers
- 40,000-plus Expected for PGA Show
- New PGA Golf Management University Program Scholarships Available for Students at 18 PGA-Accredited Universities
- Five Questions with Golf Digest's Cory Bradburn
August 08, 2017
July Golf Weather Brings National "Bounce"
Good news for golfers teeing off this summer. July brought better weather across the United States.
July weather results posted a timely "green" comparable as Available Rounds for the month were +3% at the national level vs. Year Ago (YA)...
Jim Koppenhaver comments, "July's weather dividend was meaningful for a summer month and relatively widespread so we should get a nice demand boost from this when Datatech publishes the July rounds figures. Favorability was slightly more prevalent east of the Rockies and more to the south than the north within the East-Central geographies. The SE Coast is having a particularly good run of weather compared to '16."
The full report from Pellucid can be read here.