- More Articles
- 5 Questions with adidas Golf President Jeff Lienhart
- Four Great Causes for #GivingTuesday
- Georgia Captures 6th PGA Jr. League Championship Presented by National Car Rental over New Jersey 6 ½-5 ½
- PGA REACH Announces Inaugural PGA National Day of HOPE on Nov. 11
- ‘Don’t You Think Golf Can Use Any Dose of Coolness It Can Get?’
- Youth On Course Achieves 100,000 Rounds Played by Junior Golfers in 2017
- 2018 U.S. Open Internship Program Accepting Applications
- PGA of America Forms Golf Relief and Assistance Fund to Aid Disaster Victims Industrywide
- Colorado’s CommonGround Golf Course: A Daily-Fee Facility for the 21st Century
August 08, 2017
July Golf Weather Brings National "Bounce"
Good news for golfers teeing off this summer. July brought better weather across the United States.
July weather results posted a timely "green" comparable as Available Rounds for the month were +3% at the national level vs. Year Ago (YA)...
Jim Koppenhaver comments, "July's weather dividend was meaningful for a summer month and relatively widespread so we should get a nice demand boost from this when Datatech publishes the July rounds figures. Favorability was slightly more prevalent east of the Rockies and more to the south than the north within the East-Central geographies. The SE Coast is having a particularly good run of weather compared to '16."
The full report from Pellucid can be read here.