- More Articles
- Solheim Cup Storylines to Know
- Chambers of Commerce Join Together to Celebrate Diversity and Projected $100M Economic Impact of PGA Championship
- United States Looks to Defend vs. Europe at the Biennial Solheim Cup
- July Golf Weather Brings National "Bounce"
- PGA Championship Will Move to May in 2019
- PGA of America and Topgolf Partner to Advance Career Opportunities in Golf and Grow Interest in the Game
- Rickie Fowler and Rory McIlroy Surprise Hundreds of PGA Junior League Golfers at 99th PGA Championship at Quail Hollow Club
- Charlotte Readies to Cash in on PGA Championship Tourism Dollars
- Topgolf Removing Some of the Sport’s Barriers
August 08, 2017
July Golf Weather Brings National "Bounce"
Good news for golfers teeing off this summer. July brought better weather across the United States.
July weather results posted a timely "green" comparable as Available Rounds for the month were +3% at the national level vs. Year Ago (YA)...
Jim Koppenhaver comments, "July's weather dividend was meaningful for a summer month and relatively widespread so we should get a nice demand boost from this when Datatech publishes the July rounds figures. Favorability was slightly more prevalent east of the Rockies and more to the south than the north within the East-Central geographies. The SE Coast is having a particularly good run of weather compared to '16."
The full report from Pellucid can be read here.