- More Articles
- WE ARE GOLF Celebrates 11th Annual National Golf Day in Washington, D.C.
- WE ARE GOLF Reports 22% Increase in U.S. Golf Economic Impact Ahead of National Golf Day
- WE ARE GOLF Partners with Topgolf for Complimentary Lessons on National Golf Day
- Chairman Fred Ridley Announces Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship
- Steve Mona Comments on Tiger Woods Ahead of Masters
- DCP: Chea, Schuster Highlight 2018 National Champions
- WE ARE GOLF to Announce U.S. Golf Economy Report Findings on April 24 at the National Press Club
- Five Questions with Bill Walker, Executive Director of the IAGA
- 2nd Annual Community Service Project Set for April 24 Ahead of National Golf Day
July 12, 2017
10 Killer Ways to Take Your Fitness Outside This Summer
A new article on BodyBuilding.com cites WE ARE GOLF about the fitness benefits of golf:
"Want something that's lower intensity but keeps you active? Golf is a great choice. While you won't work up too much of a sweat with this one, if you walk the entire course you can still burn a considerable number of calories. In fact, playing golf and walking 18 holes is equal to a 5-mile walk or 3.5 to 4-mile run and can burn up to 2,000 calories.
As an added benefit, the act of swinging the club will work your shoulders, back, triceps, and biceps. Pro golfers these days are looking more and more jacked. Because it is lower in intensity level, golf is also a great activity to do on your rest days from the gym."
Full article here.