- More Articles
- Solheim Cup Storylines to Know
- Chambers of Commerce Join Together to Celebrate Diversity and Projected $100M Economic Impact of PGA Championship
- United States Looks to Defend vs. Europe at the Biennial Solheim Cup
- July Golf Weather Brings National "Bounce"
- PGA Championship Will Move to May in 2019
- PGA of America and Topgolf Partner to Advance Career Opportunities in Golf and Grow Interest in the Game
- Rickie Fowler and Rory McIlroy Surprise Hundreds of PGA Junior League Golfers at 99th PGA Championship at Quail Hollow Club
- Charlotte Readies to Cash in on PGA Championship Tourism Dollars
- Topgolf Removing Some of the Sport’s Barriers
July 12, 2017
10 Killer Ways to Take Your Fitness Outside This Summer
A new article on BodyBuilding.com cites WE ARE GOLF about the fitness benefits of golf:
"Want something that's lower intensity but keeps you active? Golf is a great choice. While you won't work up too much of a sweat with this one, if you walk the entire course you can still burn a considerable number of calories. In fact, playing golf and walking 18 holes is equal to a 5-mile walk or 3.5 to 4-mile run and can burn up to 2,000 calories.
As an added benefit, the act of swinging the club will work your shoulders, back, triceps, and biceps. Pro golfers these days are looking more and more jacked. Because it is lower in intensity level, golf is also a great activity to do on your rest days from the gym."
Full article here.