- More Articles
- Five Questions: Adrienne Chance, Topgolf
- World's Largest Golf Outing Raises Nearly $300,000 for Charity
- 10 Killer Ways to Take Your Fitness Outside This Summer
- GolfTEC Student Kent Menendez Wins Special Olympics Gold Medal
- Curry, Romo and Timberlake Headline All-Star Field at the 2017 American Century Championship; July 14-16 on NBC, NBCSN
- NBC Sports Group to Deliver More Than 25 Hours of KPMG Women's PGA Championship Coverage
- USGA Accepts 7,149 Entries for 117th U.S. Amateur Championship
- The Community Impact of Golf: Courses Help Rebirth in New Orleans and Detroit
- How Far Does the Average Pro Golfer Walk Each Year?
July 12, 2017
10 Killer Ways to Take Your Fitness Outside This Summer
A new article on BodyBuilding.com cites WE ARE GOLF about the fitness benefits of golf:
"Want something that's lower intensity but keeps you active? Golf is a great choice. While you won't work up too much of a sweat with this one, if you walk the entire course you can still burn a considerable number of calories. In fact, playing golf and walking 18 holes is equal to a 5-mile walk or 3.5 to 4-mile run and can burn up to 2,000 calories.
As an added benefit, the act of swinging the club will work your shoulders, back, triceps, and biceps. Pro golfers these days are looking more and more jacked. Because it is lower in intensity level, golf is also a great activity to do on your rest days from the gym."
Full article here.