- More Articles
- Women & Girls Golf Is Showcased Around the World
- USGA, Topgolf and FOX Sports to Host Nationwide U.S. Open Watch Party on June 14
- Be A Part Of Women's Golf Day
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce Partnership with WE ARE GOLF
- LPGA and 18Birdies Announce Joint Initiative to Promote Women's Golf
- The National Golf Foundation Issues 2018 Golf Industry Report
- USGA Increases Commitment to Growing the Game Through PLAY9 Program
- WE ARE GOLF Celebrates 11th Annual National Golf Day in Washington, D.C.
- WE ARE GOLF Reports 22% Increase in U.S. Golf Economic Impact Ahead of National Golf Day
July 12, 2017
10 Killer Ways to Take Your Fitness Outside This Summer
A new article on BodyBuilding.com cites WE ARE GOLF about the fitness benefits of golf:
"Want something that's lower intensity but keeps you active? Golf is a great choice. While you won't work up too much of a sweat with this one, if you walk the entire course you can still burn a considerable number of calories. In fact, playing golf and walking 18 holes is equal to a 5-mile walk or 3.5 to 4-mile run and can burn up to 2,000 calories.
As an added benefit, the act of swinging the club will work your shoulders, back, triceps, and biceps. Pro golfers these days are looking more and more jacked. Because it is lower in intensity level, golf is also a great activity to do on your rest days from the gym."
Full article here.