- More Articles
- President George Herbert Walker Bush to receive ASGCA Donald Ross Award
- PGA Golf Clinics for Women to Debut in 2018
- Five Questions with Troy Warfield, President of Topgolf International
- PGA TOUR Commissioner Jay Monahan Named World Golf Foundation Chairman for 2018
- 2017 Patriot Golf Day: Folds of Honor Lands Record Year, Raises $7 Million for Families of Veterans
- Carry the Game Promotes Youth Caddying, Helps Develop Young Golfers
- 40,000-plus Expected for PGA Show
- New PGA Golf Management University Program Scholarships Available for Students at 18 PGA-Accredited Universities
- Five Questions with Golf Digest's Cory Bradburn
October 18, 2017
National Alliance for Accessible Golf to Present Its First National Inclusive Golf Conference
ST. AUGUSTINE, FL - The National Alliance for Accessible Golf (Alliance) is pleased to announce its first Accessible/Inclusive Golf for Individuals with Disabilities Conference on Friday, January 26, 2018, in Orlando, FL. The event will be held in proximity of the PGA's Merchandise Show to allow interested individuals to attend both events.
Executive Director Steve Jubb, PGA, shares "We are excited to present this forum to bring together those interested in furthering opportunities for individuals with disabilities in golf. We've found through our grants work that many instructors and program organizers have the same challenges - program development, sustainability, adaptive equipment, and how to engage with specific populations. Collaboration, idea sharing, and networking will be invaluable for attendees and, ultimately, the individuals who benefit from their efforts."
Slated for 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Rosen Centre Hotel, the Conference will feature speakers, panel discussions and collaboration on topics from the ADA to adaptive equipment to program development and program sustainability. Projected attendees will include PGA and LPGA golf professionals, current and prospective grant recipients, local program coordinators, and all those interested in inclusive opportunities.
Through the presentation of this event, the Alliance continues to further its mission to increase participation of people with disabilities in the game of golf through awareness, education, training initiatives and program funding.
Registration is slated to open in early November, and more details will be available at www.accessgolf.org.
About the National Alliance for Accessible Golf
The National Alliance for Accessible Golf is a charitable organization working to ensure the opportunity for all individuals to play the game of golf. The Alliance is represented by major golf organizations in the United States, organizations that provide services for people with disabilities and other advocates. Through GAIN™ (Golf: Accessible and Inclusive Networks) and other programs, the Alliance promotes inclusion and awareness to the golf industry, golf instructors, and the public. For more information about Alliance programs, please visit www.accessgolf.org