- More Articles
- THE PLAYERS Contributes $8.7 Million to Charity
- Eight Regional All-Star Teams to Compete in the 2017 PGA Jr. League Championship
- Six Questions on Career Development with a Golf Industry Standout
- GCSAA Announces Dedicated Support to Wee One Foundation
- 7 Bold Predictions for the 2017-18 PGA TOUR Season
- USGA Announces Additional Exemptions to U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open
- ASGCA Members Crace, Quitno to Serve Hurricane Harvey-affected Course
- The First Tee: Keith Dawkins Named Organization's Next Chief Executive Officer
- AZ Big Media: 2017 WM Phoenix Open Pumps $389M into Arizona’s Economy
September 26, 2017
The First Tee Celebrates 20th Anniversary
The First Tee’s 20th anniversary celebration kicks off at The Presidents Cup as golf returns to New York City, the backdrop for The First Tee’s announcement and launch in 1997. PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem and Honorary Chair, President George H.W. Bush, along with the USGA, PGA and LPGA, joined members of the golf industry and government in New York City's Central Park for the announcement.
The First Tee now reaches more than 5.3 million young people annually through programs offered at more than 1,200 golf course locations, 9,000 elementary schools and 1,000 youth serving agencies.
For more info: TheFirstTee.org.