- More Articles
- TOUR Championship Final Round Becomes Highest-Rated FedEx Cup Playoffs Telecast Ever
- PGA of America partners with Congressional Country Club to host Championships
- 104 Years Later, Buhl Park Golf Club Still Offers Free Play
- PGA of America Golf Relief and Assistance Fund Available to Aid Hurricane Florence Victims Industrywide
- Five Questions with Ben Sharpe, President of Toptracer
- PGA Reach Extends Partnership with Grayhawk Golf Club to Host PGA Jr. League Championship Presented By National Car Rental Through 2022
- U.S. Golf Industry Unites to Launch #inviteHER Campaign
- Seth Waugh Named PGA of America CEO
- Five Questions with Jesse Menachem, Executive Director/CEO at Massachusetts Golf Association
September 26, 2017
The First Tee Celebrates 20th Anniversary
The First Tee’s 20th anniversary celebration kicks off at The Presidents Cup as golf returns to New York City, the backdrop for The First Tee’s announcement and launch in 1997. PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem and Honorary Chair, President George H.W. Bush, along with the USGA, PGA and LPGA, joined members of the golf industry and government in New York City's Central Park for the announcement.
The First Tee now reaches more than 5.3 million young people annually through programs offered at more than 1,200 golf course locations, 9,000 elementary schools and 1,000 youth serving agencies.
For more info: TheFirstTee.org.