- More Articles
- Women & Girls Golf Is Showcased Around the World
- USGA, Topgolf and FOX Sports to Host Nationwide U.S. Open Watch Party on June 14
- Be A Part Of Women's Golf Day
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce Partnership with WE ARE GOLF
- LPGA and 18Birdies Announce Joint Initiative to Promote Women's Golf
- The National Golf Foundation Issues 2018 Golf Industry Report
- USGA Increases Commitment to Growing the Game Through PLAY9 Program
- WE ARE GOLF Celebrates 11th Annual National Golf Day in Washington, D.C.
- WE ARE GOLF Reports 22% Increase in U.S. Golf Economic Impact Ahead of National Golf Day
September 26, 2017
The First Tee Celebrates 20th Anniversary
The First Tee’s 20th anniversary celebration kicks off at The Presidents Cup as golf returns to New York City, the backdrop for The First Tee’s announcement and launch in 1997. PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem and Honorary Chair, President George H.W. Bush, along with the USGA, PGA and LPGA, joined members of the golf industry and government in New York City's Central Park for the announcement.
The First Tee now reaches more than 5.3 million young people annually through programs offered at more than 1,200 golf course locations, 9,000 elementary schools and 1,000 youth serving agencies.
For more info: TheFirstTee.org.