- More Articles
- 5 Questions with adidas Golf President Jeff Lienhart
- Four Great Causes for #GivingTuesday
- Georgia Captures 6th PGA Jr. League Championship Presented by National Car Rental over New Jersey 6 ½-5 ½
- PGA REACH Announces Inaugural PGA National Day of HOPE on Nov. 11
- ‘Don’t You Think Golf Can Use Any Dose of Coolness It Can Get?’
- Youth On Course Achieves 100,000 Rounds Played by Junior Golfers in 2017
- 2018 U.S. Open Internship Program Accepting Applications
- PGA of America Forms Golf Relief and Assistance Fund to Aid Disaster Victims Industrywide
- Colorado’s CommonGround Golf Course: A Daily-Fee Facility for the 21st Century
September 26, 2017
The First Tee Celebrates 20th Anniversary
The First Tee’s 20th anniversary celebration kicks off at The Presidents Cup as golf returns to New York City, the backdrop for The First Tee’s announcement and launch in 1997. PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem and Honorary Chair, President George H.W. Bush, along with the USGA, PGA and LPGA, joined members of the golf industry and government in New York City's Central Park for the announcement.
The First Tee now reaches more than 5.3 million young people annually through programs offered at more than 1,200 golf course locations, 9,000 elementary schools and 1,000 youth serving agencies.
For more info: TheFirstTee.org.