- More Articles
- THE PLAYERS Contributes $8.7 Million to Charity
- Eight Regional All-Star Teams to Compete in the 2017 PGA Jr. League Championship
- Six Questions on Career Development with a Golf Industry Standout
- GCSAA Announces Dedicated Support to Wee One Foundation
- 7 Bold Predictions for the 2017-18 PGA TOUR Season
- USGA Announces Additional Exemptions to U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open
- ASGCA Members Crace, Quitno to Serve Hurricane Harvey-affected Course
- The First Tee: Keith Dawkins Named Organization's Next Chief Executive Officer
- AZ Big Media: 2017 WM Phoenix Open Pumps $389M into Arizona’s Economy
September 29, 2017
ASGCA Members Crace, Quitno to Serve Hurricane Harvey-affected Course
A complete and totally free Master Plan from two ASGCA members; that is the offer to public golf facilities in Texas and Louisiana impacted by Hurricane Harvey from Nathan Crace, ASGCA Associate, and Todd Quitno, ASGCA.
“No human being could watch that and not be moved,” said Crace, a golf course architect based in South Mississippi. “Not only by the sheer volume of water, but also by the strength of the human spirit—neighbors helping neighbors and strangers helping strangers. In 2005, when Katrina came onto the Mississippi Gulf Coast, it changed the landscape here forever. Watching the devastation from Harvey, you knew that part of the country was going to be years in the rebuilding process.”
Crace’s idea is a collaborative effort between himself and Quitno to offer one golf course in the area impacted by Harvey a chance at something they may not otherwise be able to afford—a chance to turn tragedy into a fresh start with a professionally designed plan of action. They are teaming up to provide a complete golf course Master Plan—at NO COST TO THE COURSE—designed by not one, but two, ASGCA members. Their goal is to help that course develop a “road map to the future” and truly transform their facility and their operation.
GCSAA members at courses interested in taking advantage of the opportunity should visit the Watermark Golf Companies’ Facebook page for details and instructions at www.facebook.com/watermarkgolf and look for the “Hurricane Harvey Master Plan” post. There you can find instructions for emailing the application letter. There is also a link on Crace’s Twitter account at www.twitter.com/lipouts. Deadline to apply is Sept. 30.
Full article: ASGCA.org.