- More Articles
- Georgia Captures 6th PGA Jr. League Championship Presented by National Car Rental over New Jersey 6 ½-5 ½
- PGA REACH Announces Inaugural PGA National Day of HOPE on Nov. 11
- ‘Don’t You Think Golf Can Use Any Dose of Coolness It Can Get?’
- Youth On Course Achieves 100,000 Rounds Played by Junior Golfers in 2017
- 2018 U.S. Open Internship Program Accepting Applications
- PGA of America Forms Golf Relief and Assistance Fund to Aid Disaster Victims Industrywide
- Colorado’s CommonGround Golf Course: A Daily-Fee Facility for the 21st Century
- Clemmie Perry Honored as Lightning Community Hero
- NGF: What’s New and Next for U.S. Golf Courses Under Construction
August 28, 2017
Organizers are Preparing Bellerive Country Club for 100th PGA Championship
An early look ahead to next season's final major championship, via St. Louis Public Radio.
A major sporting event in St. Louis next summer will give the region worldwide attention. The 100th PGA Championship will take place at Bellerive Country Club in Town and Country.
The PGA's tournament director, Barry Deach, has set up office at the club. He recently spoke about the potential impact, preparations, partnerships and how the event goes beyond the course, thanks to initiatives that will benefit the community for several years...
Recent PGA Championships had an economic impact from tourists of $100 million. He said the golf tour's combined estimates with Explore St. Louis suggest the effect on the region will be around that figure.
The full article can be read here.