- More Articles
- TEDx Talk with Jeremy Poincenot
- Five Questions with a PGA TOUR Executive
- 2017 PGA Junior League Championship Presented by National Car Rental to be Contested at Grayhawk Golf Club, Nov. 16-19
- National Golf Foundation: 5 Questions with Bridgestone Golf CEO Angel Ilagan
- Patriot Golf Day: How Teeing It up Raises Millions for Folds of Honor, U.S. Military Families
- Washington Post: Five Myths About Golf
- Organizers are Preparing Bellerive Country Club for 100th PGA Championship
- New York Times - A Golf Center Grows in Harlem
- The First Tee & Dell Technologies Championship Youth Golf Day Returns to MGA Links on August 30
August 28, 2017
Organizers are Preparing Bellerive Country Club for 100th PGA Championship
An early look ahead to next season's final major championship, via St. Louis Public Radio.
A major sporting event in St. Louis next summer will give the region worldwide attention. The 100th PGA Championship will take place at Bellerive Country Club in Town and Country.
The PGA's tournament director, Barry Deach, has set up office at the club. He recently spoke about the potential impact, preparations, partnerships and how the event goes beyond the course, thanks to initiatives that will benefit the community for several years...
Recent PGA Championships had an economic impact from tourists of $100 million. He said the golf tour's combined estimates with Explore St. Louis suggest the effect on the region will be around that figure.
The full article can be read here.