- More Articles
- Top 10 Facts About Golf
- Women & Girls Golf Is Showcased Around the World
- USGA, Topgolf and FOX Sports to Host Nationwide U.S. Open Watch Party on June 14
- Be A Part Of Women's Golf Day
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce Partnership with WE ARE GOLF
- LPGA and 18Birdies Announce Joint Initiative to Promote Women's Golf
- The National Golf Foundation Issues 2018 Golf Industry Report
- USGA Increases Commitment to Growing the Game Through PLAY9 Program
- WE ARE GOLF Celebrates 11th Annual National Golf Day in Washington, D.C.
June 02, 2017
Golfweek: IOC Executive Board Approves Golf for 2024 Olympics
The experiment of golf in the Olympics has worked well enough it appears, as the International Olympic Committee’s executive board has approved the sport being part of the 2024 Games.
The board announced Friday that all 28 sports from the 2016 Olympics program will be part of the 2024 proceedings. That of course includes men’s and women’s golf, which made a return to the Olympics last summer in Rio de Janeiro after a 112-year absence from the Games.
The sport had been guaranteed spots in the 2016 and 2020 Olympics (in Tokyo) upon its return. But anything thereafter was not guaranteed.
By November, a report surfaced that golf getting extended in the Olympics through 2024 at least was very likely.
Now, the executive board has made it be.
Full story: Golfweek.com.