- More Articles
- Youth On Course Expands 41 Percent Since January 2017
- Five Questions: Adrienne Chance, Topgolf
- World's Largest Golf Outing Raises Nearly $300,000 for Charity
- 10 Killer Ways to Take Your Fitness Outside This Summer
- GolfTEC Student Kent Menendez Wins Special Olympics Gold Medal
- Curry, Romo and Timberlake Headline All-Star Field at the 2017 American Century Championship; July 14-16 on NBC, NBCSN
- NBC Sports Group to Deliver More Than 25 Hours of KPMG Women's PGA Championship Coverage
- USGA Accepts 7,149 Entries for 117th U.S. Amateur Championship
- The Community Impact of Golf: Courses Help Rebirth in New Orleans and Detroit
May 16, 2017
659 Venues Spanning 43 Countries Around the Globe To Host Women’s Golf Day Events on June 6
West Palm Beach, Fla. (May 16, 2017) - It’s a countdown to the 2017 Women’s Golf Day (WGD), Tuesday, June 6. This global, women-friendly player development initiative will introduce women and girls to the sport in a highly inclusive manner.
According to WGD Event Founder Elisa Gaudet more than 29,000 women and girls will participate in this one-day, four-hour event—two hours of clinic or nine holes of golf plus a two-hour social networking experience.
“I am delighted to report that more than 659 golf locations spanning 43 countries will participate in our 2017 Women’s Golf Day,” said Gaudet. “Thousands of women around the globe will pick up a golf club for the very first time and will be introduced to the game in a fun and upbeat environment.”
Allied golf associations around the world have lent their support to Women’s Golf Day. Additionally, a special partnership has been established with PGA TOUR Superstore, the official retail merchandiser and the “go-to” place to secure golf-related product. The retailer will also be hosting “free” WGD events at 25 locations throughout the U.S.
WGD product partners include headwear supplier AHEAD and accessory supplier GloveIt. Coincidentally, both partner companies are led by female chief executives.
To learn more about Women’s Golf Day, to view venue sites, or to register to attend, please visit: https://womensgolfday.com/.
# # #
All are welcome to participate in Women's Golf Day except where prohibited by law. Women's Golf Day does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, or sexual orientation.