- More Articles
- International Women's Golf Day Experiences 68% Growth in One Year – Expands to 46 Countries
- Congressional Country Club Helping Veterans Through PGA HOPE
- The Club Foundation Exceeds $100,000 in Support of Tee It Up for the Troops
- Golf Digest: When Golf Goes to Washington
- National Golf Course Owners Association To Host 2017 Golf Business Techcon
- 659 Venues Spanning 43 Countries Around the Globe To Host Women’s Golf Day Events on June 6
- Five Questions: Jennifer Poth
- USGA Deepens Commitment to Growing Golf Through 2017 PLAY9 Program
- FedEx Extends Sponsorship of the FedExCup Competition
May 16, 2017
659 Venues Spanning 43 Countries Around the Globe To Host Women’s Golf Day Events on June 6
West Palm Beach, Fla. (May 16, 2017) - It’s a countdown to the 2017 Women’s Golf Day (WGD), Tuesday, June 6. This global, women-friendly player development initiative will introduce women and girls to the sport in a highly inclusive manner.
According to WGD Event Founder Elisa Gaudet more than 29,000 women and girls will participate in this one-day, four-hour event—two hours of clinic or nine holes of golf plus a two-hour social networking experience.
“I am delighted to report that more than 659 golf locations spanning 43 countries will participate in our 2017 Women’s Golf Day,” said Gaudet. “Thousands of women around the globe will pick up a golf club for the very first time and will be introduced to the game in a fun and upbeat environment.”
Allied golf associations around the world have lent their support to Women’s Golf Day. Additionally, a special partnership has been established with PGA TOUR Superstore, the official retail merchandiser and the “go-to” place to secure golf-related product. The retailer will also be hosting “free” WGD events at 25 locations throughout the U.S.
WGD product partners include headwear supplier AHEAD and accessory supplier GloveIt. Coincidentally, both partner companies are led by female chief executives.
To learn more about Women’s Golf Day, to view venue sites, or to register to attend, please visit: https://womensgolfday.com/.
# # #
All are welcome to participate in Women's Golf Day except where prohibited by law. Women's Golf Day does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, or sexual orientation.