- More Articles
- President George Herbert Walker Bush to receive ASGCA Donald Ross Award
- PGA Golf Clinics for Women to Debut in 2018
- Five Questions with Troy Warfield, President of Topgolf International
- PGA TOUR Commissioner Jay Monahan Named World Golf Foundation Chairman for 2018
- 2017 Patriot Golf Day: Folds of Honor Lands Record Year, Raises $7 Million for Families of Veterans
- Carry the Game Promotes Youth Caddying, Helps Develop Young Golfers
- 40,000-plus Expected for PGA Show
- New PGA Golf Management University Program Scholarships Available for Students at 18 PGA-Accredited Universities
- Five Questions with Golf Digest's Cory Bradburn
April 11, 2017
Florida Golf Day Coming to Tallahassee on April 19
The Golf Florida Alliance – a collaboration of leading organizations representing all segments of the state’s golf industry – will celebrate "Florida Golf Day" at the State Capitol in Tallahassee on Wednesday, April 19.
Based on a 2013 study, the state’s direct golf economic impact is approximately $8.2 billion a year (up from $7.5 billion in 2007), supporting more than 132,000 jobs and $3.6 billion in annual wage income. Florida is home to 1,000+ public and private golf course facilities, more than any other state in America. These messages are communicated directly with the Florida House of Representatives and Senate.
Annually, Florida Golf Day features attendees from leading industry organizations such as Club Managers Association of America (CMAA), Florida Chapter of CMAA, Florida Golf Course Superintendents Association, Florida Historic Golf Trail, Florida State Golf Association, Golf Channel, Golf Course Superintendents Association of America, LPGA, National Golf Course Owners Association, National Golf Foundation, North and South Florida Sections of the PGA of America, PGA of America, PGA TOUR, The First Tee, USGA, World Golf Foundation and World Golf Hall of Fame.