- More Articles
- TEDx Talk with Jeremy Poincenot
- Five Questions with a PGA TOUR Executive
- 2017 PGA Junior League Championship Presented by National Car Rental to be Contested at Grayhawk Golf Club, Nov. 16-19
- National Golf Foundation: 5 Questions with Bridgestone Golf CEO Angel Ilagan
- Patriot Golf Day: How Teeing It up Raises Millions for Folds of Honor, U.S. Military Families
- Washington Post: Five Myths About Golf
- Organizers are Preparing Bellerive Country Club for 100th PGA Championship
- New York Times - A Golf Center Grows in Harlem
- The First Tee & Dell Technologies Championship Youth Golf Day Returns to MGA Links on August 30
April 11, 2017
Florida Golf Day Coming to Tallahassee on April 19
The Golf Florida Alliance – a collaboration of leading organizations representing all segments of the state’s golf industry – will celebrate "Florida Golf Day" at the State Capitol in Tallahassee on Wednesday, April 19.
Based on a 2013 study, the state’s direct golf economic impact is approximately $8.2 billion a year (up from $7.5 billion in 2007), supporting more than 132,000 jobs and $3.6 billion in annual wage income. Florida is home to 1,000+ public and private golf course facilities, more than any other state in America. These messages are communicated directly with the Florida House of Representatives and Senate.
Annually, Florida Golf Day features attendees from leading industry organizations such as Club Managers Association of America (CMAA), Florida Chapter of CMAA, Florida Golf Course Superintendents Association, Florida Historic Golf Trail, Florida State Golf Association, Golf Channel, Golf Course Superintendents Association of America, LPGA, National Golf Course Owners Association, National Golf Foundation, North and South Florida Sections of the PGA of America, PGA of America, PGA TOUR, The First Tee, USGA, World Golf Foundation and World Golf Hall of Fame.