- More Articles
- International Women's Golf Day Experiences 68% Growth in One Year – Expands to 46 Countries
- Congressional Country Club Helping Veterans Through PGA HOPE
- The Club Foundation Exceeds $100,000 in Support of Tee It Up for the Troops
- Golf Digest: When Golf Goes to Washington
- National Golf Course Owners Association To Host 2017 Golf Business Techcon
- 659 Venues Spanning 43 Countries Around the Globe To Host Women’s Golf Day Events on June 6
- Five Questions: Jennifer Poth
- USGA Deepens Commitment to Growing Golf Through 2017 PLAY9 Program
- FedEx Extends Sponsorship of the FedExCup Competition
April 11, 2017
Florida Golf Day Coming to Tallahassee on April 19
The Golf Florida Alliance – a collaboration of leading organizations representing all segments of the state’s golf industry – will celebrate "Florida Golf Day" at the State Capitol in Tallahassee on Wednesday, April 19.
Based on a 2013 study, the state’s direct golf economic impact is approximately $8.2 billion a year (up from $7.5 billion in 2007), supporting more than 132,000 jobs and $3.6 billion in annual wage income. Florida is home to 1,000+ public and private golf course facilities, more than any other state in America. These messages are communicated directly with the Florida House of Representatives and Senate.
Annually, Florida Golf Day features attendees from leading industry organizations such as Club Managers Association of America (CMAA), Florida Chapter of CMAA, Florida Golf Course Superintendents Association, Florida Historic Golf Trail, Florida State Golf Association, Golf Channel, Golf Course Superintendents Association of America, LPGA, National Golf Course Owners Association, National Golf Foundation, North and South Florida Sections of the PGA of America, PGA of America, PGA TOUR, The First Tee, USGA, World Golf Foundation and World Golf Hall of Fame.