- More Articles
- WE ARE GOLF Partners with Topgolf for Complimentary Lessons on National Golf Day
- Chairman Fred Ridley Announces Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship
- Steve Mona Comments on Tiger Woods Ahead of Masters
- DCP: Chea, Schuster Highlight 2018 National Champions
- WE ARE GOLF to Announce U.S. Golf Economy Report Findings on April 24 at the National Press Club
- Five Questions with Bill Walker, Executive Director of the IAGA
- 2nd Annual Community Service Project Set for April 24 Ahead of National Golf Day
- Golf Digest: Tiger Woods helped NBC grab the biggest non-Masters TV audience since 2015
- NGF: National Golf Day Set for April 25
April 11, 2017
Florida Golf Day Coming to Tallahassee on April 19
The Golf Florida Alliance – a collaboration of leading organizations representing all segments of the state’s golf industry – will celebrate "Florida Golf Day" at the State Capitol in Tallahassee on Wednesday, April 19.
Based on a 2013 study, the state’s direct golf economic impact is approximately $8.2 billion a year (up from $7.5 billion in 2007), supporting more than 132,000 jobs and $3.6 billion in annual wage income. Florida is home to 1,000+ public and private golf course facilities, more than any other state in America. These messages are communicated directly with the Florida House of Representatives and Senate.
Annually, Florida Golf Day features attendees from leading industry organizations such as Club Managers Association of America (CMAA), Florida Chapter of CMAA, Florida Golf Course Superintendents Association, Florida Historic Golf Trail, Florida State Golf Association, Golf Channel, Golf Course Superintendents Association of America, LPGA, National Golf Course Owners Association, National Golf Foundation, North and South Florida Sections of the PGA of America, PGA of America, PGA TOUR, The First Tee, USGA, World Golf Foundation and World Golf Hall of Fame.