- More Articles
- Golf Florida Alliance Celebrates Annual 'Florida Golf Day' at State Capitol in Tallahassee
- FOX Business: Golf Industry Goes to D.C.
- 10 Facts About Golf in Celebration of Earth Day 2017
- USA Today: 5 Courses that Put Green in Golf
- WE ARE GOLF, Topgolf Extend Partnership for National Golf Day's 10th Anniversary
- Florida Golf Day Coming to Tallahassee on April 19
- BuzzFeed: 5 Reasons Why ‘National Golf Day’ Should Matter To You
- Five Questions: Earnie Ellison
- CNBC: Golf is Enjoying a Comeback, Thanks in Part to Nongolfers
April 11, 2017
Florida Golf Day Coming to Tallahassee on April 19
The Golf Florida Alliance – a collaboration of leading organizations representing all segments of the state’s golf industry – will celebrate "Florida Golf Day" at the State Capitol in Tallahassee on Wednesday, April 19.
Based on a 2013 study, the state’s direct golf economic impact is approximately $8.2 billion a year (up from $7.5 billion in 2007), supporting more than 132,000 jobs and $3.6 billion in annual wage income. Florida is home to 1,000+ public and private golf course facilities, more than any other state in America. These messages are communicated directly with the Florida House of Representatives and Senate.
Annually, Florida Golf Day features attendees from leading industry organizations such as Club Managers Association of America (CMAA), Florida Chapter of CMAA, Florida Golf Course Superintendents Association, Florida Historic Golf Trail, Florida State Golf Association, Golf Channel, Golf Course Superintendents Association of America, LPGA, National Golf Course Owners Association, National Golf Foundation, North and South Florida Sections of the PGA of America, PGA of America, PGA TOUR, The First Tee, USGA, World Golf Foundation and World Golf Hall of Fame.